Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

Fireboy
This post was updated on .
Ok, many people are not satisfied with the new HD patch. Lots of feedbacks are like - it lags, I have lag spikes in multiplayer games, it sucks etc.

First of all, it will lag if you and the other player/s don't have the same version. (Multiplayer)
It doesn't lag on single player - it's just too zoomed out and you can almost see the whole 400x400 map. It's slower mouse movement and keyboard keys movement, that's not lag.

My advice - put it on 1024x786 (as before) it's simply the same like the version 1.1, but instead it's 1.3 HD, lol.

As I've see for now, version 1.3 has some minor changes like:

You are now able to see when the host changes GameSpeed. (Multiplayer)
Warchest Single Player edition is in the patch (Not the Lords, tho).
New maps.
Applying cheat programs didn't worked for me (Single Player), when you minimize the game, it automatically pauses - cheat program such as Shield Maker, Trainer and other - seems like they don't recognize that SHC is launched, not sure yet.
You can also check this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrT1q9vYC_s&feature=youtu.be
Bugs, glitches and other stuff (assassin proof wall, double workers) etc. work as before.
YOU CAN'T INSTALL THE PATCH IF YOU DON'T HAVE INSTALLED SHC ON YOUR PC - which means if you copied already installed Stronghold: Crusader from flash/hard drive, patch won't recognize it and won't start up.

My advice - http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/3664486 - get SHC ver1.1 from here (There are extra lords tho, lol) then install the patch, I've done this today, it works fine.
- Save a copy of SHC version1.1 until people download 1.3 (hopefully they will).

http://shcvillagesquare.com - Get the patch here.

Any feedbacks would be appreciated.
No taxes is good taxes, that's my motto.
http://shcvillagesquare.com/

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

Ninya
So me and Night Queen tested a 20pt game, where we made 900 pop and then both 800 has, in the whole game there was ONE single lag, which was also maybe 1 sec long
We will now test if it also improves 2v2, and gaming with pakis lol

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

Fireboy
Alright, we just tested with 3 players and max units on 90 gamespeed (We made max pop, buildings etc.). Lag spike once in a 6-7 minutes (depends on other player ping). Whole 3 army (approximately 1500 units fighted together) NO LAG. I think this is major change on this version and everyone should install it right away! > http://www.shcvillagesquare.com/
No taxes is good taxes, that's my motto.
http://shcvillagesquare.com/

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

MAX POWER
so if my screen is  1600*900.  you suggest me not to use that  graphics and use  lower  resolution instead?

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

Ninya
you can use whatever you like but it will FEEL slower (the movement/scrolling) but actually its not slower, the screen is just bigger

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

Fireboy
If that is making you problem (as many players does) then yes, if not, then play it like that. Anyways, the game is not slow, just your moving (keyboard keys, mouse) is, it was logical to expect it, since SHC is 2D game, zooming out would make you see almost whole map on 400x400, which is cool in some circumstances.
No taxes is good taxes, that's my motto.
http://shcvillagesquare.com/

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

Erec
this lags, and it sucks

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

Ninya
Attention: For some the patch doesnt seem to work when they had version 1.2 installed. You have to reinstall the game and then apply the patch!

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

{{DHK}}WarLord
it will lag more because of hd

i don't recommend anyone download this it will just lag more than it does now !

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

!Yu.GoD!GILMAN~RF
Banned User
This post was updated on .
We tested it 3v3(me,ares,fireboy,tony,exegi,and one more) all of us has a 1.3,and it were pretty cool,until end of the game,then suddeny laged 3-4 times.But until that,i can say all were fine.

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

{{DHK}}WarLord
what about the frame rate when there's (example) 300 maces vs. 300 swordsmen

is that fixed ??

can you pls read what i wrote? then you dont have to ask questions like that
thanks

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

Fireboy
No.
No taxes is good taxes, that's my motto.
http://shcvillagesquare.com/

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

Rashgun
Ninya:"Attention: For some the patch doesnt seem to work when they had version 1.2 installed. You have to reinstall the game and then apply the patch!"

hm. I have version 1.2 installed. How y said the patch dont work, because  it only operate with 1.1. But if I reinstall it I have again version 1.2 :S.

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

Moonwalker
It works fine at me.
'To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour'

Re: Stronghold Crusader HD - IMPORTANT

[>D-F<]~ AQua_Dragon ~
Do you have it for Sh1 ? Where can i download\buy it ?