NEW SHC TOP LIST.

Re: NEW SHC TOP LIST.

{{DHK}}HolyLord
Administrator
100% agree with you, Fahad... except that in 2010, there was one other that Dingo & DF could not defeat.
~ † DHK † - The Best In Game ~

Re: NEW SHC TOP LIST.

Fahad
hahaha yea i remember that onslaught u handed me in high res map 0pt but u rarely had time to come online and Dingo became this entity that handed hopelessness on a daily basis
Get Schwifty.

Re: NEW SHC TOP LIST.

{{DHK}}HolyLord
Administrator
Your insight about the change in the game is correct, and something that more people should understand.  Reducing the game to smaller armies, smaller gold, smaller resources, more rules (so, fewer things to worry about) etc, also reduced the skill gap & made it easier for more people to be 'experts'.
~ † DHK † - The Best In Game ~

Re: NEW SHC TOP LIST.

Fahad
yes and that is something that only a person who has no interest in proving himself by flukes can see. Also the fact that no ffs is a totally invalid gameplay because it requires less control and response time not to point out the fact that it is more laggy cuz of massive shield ha etc camping.
In my opinion a bigger army with only no f can better demonstrate the difference in skill set between the two players than any other game style.
Too bad it took me just 7 8 years of retirement to see it
Get Schwifty.

Re: NEW SHC TOP LIST.

-=W.L=- MysticaL |F|
Pretty interesting to hear the story of the origins of the transition from nof to nffs and how it occured; feels like watching a documentary on SHC. With that being said, I agree with what you said to a certain extent. It's true (and reasonable) to say that nof is harder than nffs, but this doesn't make nffs any negligible (as you may have tried to reinforce).

I played a few games in Gamespy Arcade back in 2007 (The sound of "Launching game..." was epic af) , and I remember the norm back then being no rules, 20pt, 30pt games etc. Since 2008, I've been playing SHC offline before creating my actual GR account in 2014 and officially kick-starting my SHC career in August 2016 with my current clan, Wild Legion. The norm was different; the majority of the community plays noffs 50ha only, and us newbies could only follow along. I blame older players for that. As part of this community, I'm trying to make a change, starting with myself, by pushing other players to play different rules and maps.

I'm a little sad to be honest, for missing out on the greatest era of SHC online gaming even though I was basically, there...

Sorry, I got drifted away of the main topic. The new SHC top list. Kudos to XCON Medamri & Shork for trying to resuscitate this dying community.
Sometimes you win and sometimes... you win some more.

Re: NEW SHC TOP LIST.

The Notorious One
Deep inside you always dreaming to join [X-CON] Mysti
12