Can someone shed some light on these games ?

Can someone shed some light on these games ?

-=W.L=- MysticaL |F|
I always wondered how such games as the following went down:

https://dfgallery.wixsite.com/dfgalleryold?lightbox=dataItem-k5zvpyxx4 - 415 kills vs 4 kills
https://dfgallery.wixsite.com/dfgalleryold?lightbox=dataItem-k5zvpyxx6 - 291 kills vs 0 kills
https://dfgallery.wixsite.com/dfgalleryold?lightbox=dataItem-k5zvpyxx5 - 483 kills vs 26 kills
https://dfgallery.wixsite.com/dfgalleryold?lightbox=dataItem-k5zvpyxy - 131 kills and 0 deaths
https://dfgallery.wixsite.com/dfgalleryold?lightbox=dataItem-k5zvpyxz3 - 598 kills vs 11 kills

can someone tell me how these games' scenarios run ? (rules - players' skills - anything else)
Sometimes you win and sometimes... you win some more.

Re: Can someone shed some light on these games ?

[>D-F<]~T-Bag~
Any match with fs on, no matter map/pt. One crazy skilled player with great map control vs regular expert guy. In games you know you can't lose, you just have fun with things like that, trying to get a lot of kills with possibly no casualties.
-=W.L=- MysticaL wrote
I always wondered how such games as the following went down:

https://dfgallery.wixsite.com/dfgalleryold?lightbox=dataItem-k5zvpyxx4 - 415 kills vs 4 kills
https://dfgallery.wixsite.com/dfgalleryold?lightbox=dataItem-k5zvpyxx6 - 291 kills vs 0 kills
https://dfgallery.wixsite.com/dfgalleryold?lightbox=dataItem-k5zvpyxx5 - 483 kills vs 26 kills
https://dfgallery.wixsite.com/dfgalleryold?lightbox=dataItem-k5zvpyxy - 131 kills and 0 deaths
https://dfgallery.wixsite.com/dfgalleryold?lightbox=dataItem-k5zvpyxz3 - 598 kills vs 11 kills

can someone tell me how these games' scenarios run ? (rules - players' skills - anything else)

Re: Can someone shed some light on these games ?

{{DHK}}HolyLord
There's just one secret to this, Mystical: catapults don't show as kills in the end game screen.

About rules - it's easier to do in 10pt+ than in 0pt or 5pt, because you need a lot of cats early. You just need to plan it out and play masterfully with your cats, so that you win all the cat fights, whether slowly or quickly (lose all the catapults you want, just don't lose engineers or anything else).

About players' skills - After I discovered this little trick in ~2005, it allowed me to abuse many 'top experts' with some very humiliating screenshots.  After I left, Dingo carried on the legacy for me, and other than Bartholo, Dingo was probably the only other person to do it so well, although I'm sure he won't forget getting only 2 kills vs me and 2 kills vs Bar.    I got some good super-low-kill screenshots vs Dingo, Geralt, Ares, Blacky, Keks, KoRT BD / Scorp, Fahad, MAPKm5 (FW), Savo, Lusenrad, Shazzabog, KoRT Zest, Ninja, and some other experts considered top at their time (not sure how many of these names you'll recognize anyways), so I don't think it's representative of skill (because they got 0 kills or so didn't necessarily mean I was "so much better than them"), rather I think it was just that I was good enough to be able to always be 1 step ahead (that's all you need in order to win) that allowed me to control the tempo and macro-play of the game, combined with some forward-planning on my strategy for the game.  Always take the initiative to control the map and force your enemy to react - that was the most important thing to me in SHC - never on the defense, never allowing your opponent to dictate the terms of the fight.

Curious to see if someone else (you or any other modern expert) can pull this off against another top expert like we used to do, as I didn't really know anyone else as good with cats as me or bar.  If someone knows you're trying to do it to them, they can make it much more difficult of course, so you do need a little bit of the surprise factor if you're trying to humiliate another top expert so badly.

Baggy - where are your 0-kill screenshots?  You and Dingo were pretty good with cats at your prime, but I always felt you were a bit better, so I'm surprised I haven't ever seen any of these from you.
~ † DHK † - The Best In Game ~

Re: Can someone shed some light on these games ?

[>D-F<]~Dingo~
First thing I gotta say, is that HL you got that ss against me when I was still pretty new .

Yes, the trick has to do with dominating your opponent at a range.  Back when tbag and I were very active, we were so much more dominant than everyone else in FS games that we would go for 0 death wins to make the games more entertaining.  My all time favorite was doing that against Ares, but of course I did it to many other players whose SS weren't included in that gallery.

I would say that the kill difference is demonstrative of a significant skill difference, although some games may have been closer than the SS represented.  But the reality of it is that you need to be better than them enough to win (and avoid all troop losses) while not necessarily using the strongest and most efficient strategy to win.

As for the original question:  These games were typically 10 pt or 20 pt, no fire only.  Those ss are all real, and we did that to more people, but a few of them I didn't put in the gallery out of respect.

and to your last paragraph HL:  tbag was always better than me at fighting with mass cats, which is useful for getting 0 death wins.  He and Civo did have plenty of those wins.

Hope you're all doing well.